1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- 1.1 - Your access to and use of www.ephg.limited ("the Website") and the Services (defined below), are subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.2 - You agree not to use the Website or the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.3 - By using the Website or the Services you are fully accepting the Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website or the Services.
- 1.4 - EPHG reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website or the Services following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
- 1.5 - EPHG may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time.
- 1.6 - By accessing or using any part of the Website or the Services, or submitting a form to become a registered user of the Website you agree to be bound by the following conditions of use. If you do not wish to be bound by these conditions, you may not access or use the Website or the Services.
- 1.7 - EPHG do not guarantee that the Website or any content contained on the Website will always be available or be uninterrupted.
- 1.8 - You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- 1.9 - Your access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis only.
- 1.10 - EPHG may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice to you.
- 1.11 - EPHG will not be liable to you for any reason if the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 1.12 - You fully understand the terms in front of you.
- 2.1 - “EPHG” means EPHG Limited (Co. No. 09559055) whose registered office is at Parkgates, Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 0JW.
- 2.2 - “Services” means the finding or locating of a Contractor to visit the Client’s property.
- 2.2.1 - "Urgent" means that the service has started from the point of the deposit being paid.
- 22.214.171.124 - "Urgent Repairs Or Maintenance" is the type of service EPHG organise.
- 2.3 - PCI - DSS (Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard).
- 2.4 - “Client” means any individual or body using and paying for the Services
- 2.5 - “Contractor” means an Electrical, Plumbing, Heating or Gas Engineer whose details are provided to the Client by EPHG.
- 2.6 - “Deposit” means a sum of money paid either by cash, PayPal, card or bank transfer which takes effect immediately as soon as it’s paid due to the service EPHG give.
- 2.7 - “ETA” means estimated time of arrival.
- 2.8 - “Imputation” means the attributing of a particular action to a source.
- 2.9 - “Terms” means Terms and Conditions.
- 2.10 - “Understand” means understand the terms and all content that you read by EPHG Limited and also includes:-
- 2.10.1 - “Understood” and “Understanding” are interpretations of the word understand..
3. QUOTATIONS, ESTIMATES & PAYMENTS
- 3.1 - The person paying for the Services is the Client and must be at least 18 years of age.
- 3.1.1 - The service is always of urgent nature (Clause 126.96.36.199) unless in writing otherwise.
- 3.2 - The Deposit is paid before the booking and is non-refundable subject to the provisions of clause 6.2.
- 3.2.1 - All Deposits paid to EPHG will cover the call out fee only; and
- 3.2.2 - The labour cost is paid directly to the Contractor and will be calculated from the time that the Contractor arrives at the door of the premises.
- 3.2.3 - A cooling off period will only take effect if the Deposit is in relation to a non-emergency service and there is at least 24 hours’ notice.
- 3.2.4 - If non-emergency services are provided within 14 days of the initial Deposit being paid the Client will sign an authorisation waiving any relevant rights under cancellation regulations.
- 3.3 - When paying over the phone EPHG will use a secure payment system by either using Paypal or WorldPay.
- 3.4 - Clients should make payment to the Contractor upon end of first visit unless agreed otherwise with the Contractor.
- 3.4.1 - The method the Client should use to make payment to the Contractor will be by cash, cheque, card, PayPal or bank transfer and;
- 188.8.131.52 - Have alternative methods if the contractor can not accept either a card, cash, paypal or cheque and;
- 184.108.40.206 - The contractor should at least accept a bank transfer as a last resort if alternative methods can not be agreed.
- 3.4.2 - The Contractor may in certain circumstances agree to accept payment within 7 days of the Services being provided and will give to the Client an invoice upon completion of the Services requesting payment by bank transfer within 7 days thereof.
4. WORK, DELIVERY, POLICY & NOTICE
- 4.1 - EPHG will request Contractors to attend at a Client’s premises within 2 hours of a booking being made and Deposit received. In the event that a Contractor is unable to comply with this timeframe they will provide the Client with notice of a revised ETA and a 30 minute allowance will be given.
- 4.2 - If the Contractor arrives before the appointment time and the Client is not at the premises then the Contractor cannot charge for any waiting time that results. Once the appointment time has passed the Contractor can charge once the Client has failed to arrive at the premises for 1 hour.
- 4.2.1 - Example of appointment time: If the apointment time is within 2 hours and the contractor turns within 20 minutes, then the contractor has turned up on the appointment time and can charge immediatleyfor the time upon arrival.
- 4.3 - If the Client is unable to attend the premises at the appointment time then the Client must let the Contractor or EPHG know by e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by replying to the text message received advising of the appointment time and;
- 4.3.1 - An update should be sent to the contractor and a reply to a text received from EPHG.
- 4.4 - If the Contractor attends the premises where the Services are to be provided at the appointment time and the Client fails to allow entry for 1 hour an invoice for 1 hours’ labour will apply and must be paid within 7 days.
- 4.5 - If the premises have no number then an additional 10 minutes allowance will be given to enable the Contractor to locate the address and in the event that the premises are more than 500 metres from the address given then a reasonable time allowance will be applied depending on the circumstances of a particular booking.
- 4.6 - If EPHG is given an incorrect address the Client may lose their call-out deposit fee and a further Deposit may need to be paid subject to the discretion of the Contractor.
- 4.7 - For non-emergency work, notice MUST be given in writing and will form part of the contract and;
- 4.7.1 - Requires at least 24 hours notice to cancel which our client will be subject to any lossed occured as non emergency work will be organised 24 hours prior to our company searching for the correct contractor.
- 4.8 - It is the Client’s responsibility to contact any Contractor who fails to attend a premises where Services have been booked and it is not the responsibility of EPHG to check that the Contractor has arrived.
- 5.1 - Although we make an effort to ensure Contractors whose details we provide are legitimate, reputable and have appropriate qualifications, membership to and/or approval of trade related bodies organisations and associations and that the information we had is accurate, the information is compiled from details supplied to us from the Contractors and we cannot be held responsible for any errors or inaccuracies in such information or for the suitability or quality of any services or goods supplied to Clients through our Service.
- 5.2 - The provision of a Contractor’s details does not necessarily imply our approval of the tradesmen, suppliers or companies.
- 5.3 - We accept no liability for any transactions which take place between you and Contractor whose details we have provided.
6. Cancellations, refunds & notices
- 6.1 - A Client can cancel a booking by e-mail to email@example.com or by replying to a text received from EPHG confirming the terms of a booking.
- 6.2 - For non-emergency bookings a cancellation by a Client can be made up to 24 hours before the Services are to be provided.
- 6.3 - EPHG is not obliged to refund any monies paid by a Client prior to a booking being cancelled under condition 6.1 or 6.2 above.
- 6.4 - EPHG can cancel a transaction and booking if it deems it reasonable to do so and will refund in full the Deposit in such circumstances.
- 6.4.1 - If a transaction is cancelled, a refund can not be made if we havent received the money into our account and;
- 6.4.2 - The transaction is likely to being held by your bank where the amount may show as gone out and;
- 6.4.3 - A cancellation of the transaction can not be made if it has gone through estimated to be about 5 minutes and;
- 6.4.4 - Can only become a refund after the transaction has gone through.
- 6.5 - Any refunds will be made by the same method as payment was made originally or by such other alternative method as is agreed with the Client.
- 6.6 - In relation to WorldPay payments, once a payment is captured and a refund is in process the Client should receive Deposit monies back within 4 working days although the policy of specific banks does vary and Clients should allow up to 10 working days for any refund to appear in their account.
- 6.7 - In circumstances where the Contractor is en route to the Client’s premises when a cancellation is effected an inconvenience fee of £30.00 may at EPHG’s discretion be paid to the Contractor from the call out fee paid by the Client.
- 6.8 - We have more information about cancellations, refunds and good will gestures by clicking here.
7. CONTRACTS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 7.1 - The contract with EPHG is to provide the Client with a Contractor who is a competent engineer capable in the reasonable opinion of EPHG of providing the Services.
- 7.2 - The duties of EPHG are to send the Client’s details to the Contractor either by e-mail or by text which will include :-
- 7.2.1 - Job descriptions;
- 7.2.2 - Client names;
- 7.2.3 - Authorisation of first hour’s costs;
- 7.2.4 - Client’s contact number and e-mail address;
- 7.2.5 - Job and billing address; and
- 7.2.6 - ETA.
- 7.3 - The Contractor is only authorised to carry out the first call by EPHG and is authorised up to the first hour’s labour by EPHG. If the Contractor was to go over the first hour, this would have to be further agreed.
- 7.4 - It is the responsibility of the Contractor to attend within the time provided by EPHG as per the ETA given at the time of the e-mail or text.
- 7.5 - The Contractor is responsible for :-
- 7.5.1 - the work the Contractor provides; and
- 7.5.2 - any damage caused by the Contractor resulting from the provision of the Services.
8. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURES
- 8.1 - We always prefer complaints to be dealt with reasonably between the Client and Contractor but where a resolution cannot be reached, a complaint MUST be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the invoice reference number from EPHG or the transaction ID.
- 8.1.1 - By including the Client’s name, date, address and contact number, (preferably mobile), we may still be able to find your details but you MUST make your complaint in full.
- 8.2 - The complaint MUST be clear and readable and we will endeavour to respond to any complaint made.
- 8.3 - If our client can not get a resolution by email, our client must make further complaints in writing to EPHG at 40 Royds Close, Tottington, Bury, BL8 3QD marked for the attention of Martin Smith and to the Contractor at such address as the Contractor has provided to the Client and MUST not be made by any electronic or social media.
- 8.4 - Once a complaint is received, it will be forwarded to the Contractor upon consent who will be asked to respond within 7-14 days and;
- 8.4.1 - EPHG will use all reasonable endeavours to assist the Client in resolving any dispute with the Contractor and will provide such advice to the Client (such as details of the Trading Standards contact number 03454040506) as is reasonable in the circumstances.
- 8.6 - Please note that EPHG Limited are not responsible for any complaints made between the Client and the Contractor in question, however, we are happy to assist in order to try to reach a resolution.
- 8.7 - If a complaint is being made, the wording 'complaint' MUST be mentioned in order for EPHG Limited to address the complaint to a case reference.
- 8.8 - Once a complaint is raised, we will hold your complaint for a minimum of 6 years before deleting or disposing of.
9. BOOKING BY FORM/PHONE
- 9.1 - If booking by form on the EPHG website we will attend the address provided and the deposit MUST be paid immediately after filling in the form. Once an online booking is complete, the Client MUST telephone EPHG to inform them of the booking so that the job can be allocated to one of the Contractors. An online booking may not be actioned if a follow up phone call is not made.
- 9.2 - If booking by phone, an employee of EPHG should answer the phone by the greetings of the member of staff’s name and they will ask for the job postcode, nature of problem and will explain the rates and if the Client has heard the rates correctly. It is the responsibility of the Client to understand the terms before booking.
- 9.3 - It is the responsibility of the Client to acknowledge the terms, however EPHG will send a text that gives the Client a link to the terms aftercare and remind the Client what the Client has agreed to.
10. STAFF & CONTRACTORS
- 10.1 - Contractors are either employed by an alternative company or are self- employed.
- 10.2 - Martin Smith is employed by EPHG and if Martin undertakes the work of a Contractor, then Contractor terms will apply to Martin Smith.
- 10.3 - The gas safe registration number for Martin Smith is 564707 and the licence number is 3899048 under the company name EPHG Limited.
- 10.4 - The standard text we send every Contractor is as follows: Job details; Client’s name; authorised Labour costs for first hour only plus materials; contact; address; post code; email address; ETA of address: By accepting this job, you acknowledge the Client above will be paying you at the end of the first call as explained in the terms https://ephg.limited.html.
11. ENGINEERS AND CONSUMER/CLIENTS
- 11.1 - Any work booked outside the agreement of EPHG is between the Client and the Contractor responsible or the company the Contractor is employed by and not EPHG.
- 11.2 - The Contractor is responsible for the first hour’s work that EPHG agree to.
- 12.1 - To contact EPHG, please visit the link at the bottom of the website called Contact.
- 12.2 - Contact page includes all employees’ phone numbers, e-mail addresses and address details if you require to send a letter.
- 12.3 - EPHG duties are to provide employees contact details or/and Contractors details if requested by email to email@example.com.
13. GUARANTEE AND WARRANTY
- 13.1 - EPHG Limited do not guarantee the attendance of a Contractor within the time stated due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 13.2 - If the work that is carried out on a fixture that has not been maintained as stated in the manufacturer’s warranty, then the Contractor may not be able to guarantee the work completed.
- 13.3 - Some appliance and some fixtures require annual maintenance. If the Contractor was to work on a given job and to deem the work fair but annual maintenance had not been carried out the Contractor may not be able to guarantee the work completed.
- 13.4 - If the appliance is new, then a minimum warranty by the Contractor may be given as long as the original installation of the appliance does not affect the warranty.
- 13.5 - Any complaint concerning the service provided by the Contractor should be addressed to the Contractor directly.
- 13.6 - With any emergency that is causing damage to property then the objective is to make safe and get further authorisation from EPHG or the Contractor to commerce further work, but for the contract to go through EPHG, the Client should get direct authorisation for further work directly with EPHG and not the Contractor.
- 14.1 - EPHG is a company that provides Contractors as quickly as possible and works on behalf of the Client but cannot guarantee that Contractors will attend to Clients within the time stated due to unforeseen circumstances. EPHG do not provide compensation for the Contractor failing to turn up on time and the Contractor is responsible for his own work from the arrival to the completion of the work.
15. - LIABILITY, DEFAMATION, MEDIA
- 15.1 - As the Client has agreed to these terms the Client is liable for any loss or damage caused by the Client to EPHG or the Contractor resulting from any material written and distributed or published on media, social media and review sites regarding the service of the Contractor or EPHG.
- 15.2 - We advise any negative content should be dealt with by verbal communication between the Contractor or EPHG and if the negative content can’t be dealt with by verbal communication the Client MUST communicate any negative reviews by using the complaint procedure and give a reasonable time of 7 days to reply and where an investigation is on-going, the Contractor has 7 days to reply to EPHG and EPHG has a further 7 days once the Contractor replies to respond to the Client.
16. ADDITIONAL WORK
- 16.1 - Any work carried out after the first hour of a call-out is classed as additional work which MUST be agreed between the Client and the Contractor. This may be a person who acts on behalf of the Client and is the responsible occupant or responsible person at the time.
- 16.2 - EPHG is only responsible to act upon details given by the job description during the first hour of the emergency.
- 17.1 - As far as EPHG is aware, all materials belong to the Contractor and remain the property of the Contractor until paid for in full.
18. PRICE PLAN & DESCRIPTION
- 19.1 - All content on the EPHG website belong to EPHG and must not be used outside the website unless authorised by Martin Smith the director of EPHG in writing.
- 20.1 - Any confidential or financial information belonging to a Client will be handled in accordance with the PCI – DSS standards and guidelines.
- 20.2 - The type of details shared between the Client, EPHG and Contractor are Job details, Client, Authorised costs, contact numbers, email addresses, Job address, meeting address, correspondence address and billing address.
- 20.3 - If the Client does not want EPHG to share certain details as in clause 20.2 this must be put in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and this will have to be confirmed back to the Client with confirmation that certain details will not be given to the engineer if deemed reasonable.
- 20.4 - Details explained in clause 20.2 will be shared with the aftercare team and will not be forwarded to any other third party.
- 20.5 - For more information regarding privacy, EPHG Limited follow the GDPR and have a prvacy page by clicking here
- 21.1 - All terms can be subject to change at any time without notice unless it is reasonable to explain old terms otherwise, however it is reasonable for a Contractor to pull up old terms if new terms are younger than 3 months.
- 21.2 - New terms will include the date of the new terms and will be included in the terms gallery and history by clicking here, the new terms takes effect within 24 hours for new Clients and new Contractors and for Contractors that have been registered with EPHG longer than 3 months, the Contractor can use terms older than 3 months and will be in order on the history terms page where the newer the terms, the higher it will be in the content of the terms history page saving the Contractor going through the complete terms every time the Contractor excepts the terms.
- 21.3 - The new terms will state date of being implemented to save any complaints of accusations in regards to the terms were changed upon a complaint to suit EPHG.